Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Valances Are Finished! They Are So Cute!

I spent Thursday through Sunday at my parent's house. The goal: make the valances for the living room. Mom did all the machine sewing. I have to admit I am not a good sewer, don't have that much experience, and am a little scared of the mess I can create with a sewing machine. Besides, working with layers of drapery fabric is not easy! Add to that another layer of piping and you have got one very difficult piece to sew. So, thanks so much Mom for doing the dirty work. I did have a role in the completion of the valances, though. I did the hand stitching of the rod pockets, which made the valances look so much better than the machine would have done (and gave the machine a break). Anyway, Bill and I hung the rods and valances last night and I am so pleased with them.
Here you can see the valances in context with the room and decor.

No comments: