Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cards

We are having "house" issues today, so I feel silly putting up a cute little blog entry, but I really do not know what to do with myself while Bill deals with the immediate effects of the issue. One of our copper pipes got a leak and spewed hot water all over the utility room---it blew with such force there is a spot where there is no more paint or paper (or whatever was covering the wall). There was about 1/4 inch of standing water when I discovered the leak. Bill rushed home to turn off the valve (I do not know what I am doing!!). Then trekked out to Home Depot for a *consumer report* recommended shop vac to clean up the water mess. We still have not called the plumber to fix the problem, but Bill is going to see what he can do to temporarily fix it so we can have some hot water tomorrow morning. What a stressful day!

So on to the focus of this blog entry.
The front of the Christmas card

Bill and I made homemade Christmas cards this year. They were simple, cheap, and fun to make. I cut out the shape of a holly leaf onto green fabric using clip art. Bill cut the paper in half to make it "card sized". I scored each of the cards with a bone folder, so they folded very nicely. I sewed the holly leaf onto the front of the card using red thread. The thread represented the vein in the leaf. Then I used a pencil eraser and a red rubber stamp pad and stamped holly berries around the top of the leaf.

On the inside, Bill---the master stamper---stamped one of three messages: Merry Christmas, Celebrate the Season, or Joy to You.
The inside of the card

Behind the scenes of my photo shoot, Lillie and Cole had to stick their noses in. So I took a quick shot of them too.
"Behind the scenes"

No comments: