Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Living Room is Nearly Finished: Before and After!

Boy, the living room sure has undergone a transformation from when we first moved here. My mother-in-law helped me strip the yellow painted wallpaper from the walls. We now have three greenish-tinted creamy white walls and one green (green tea) accent wall instead of the overwhelming yellow all around. My sister helped me with the painting. Instead of the 1950s used-to-be-pink carpet which Bill pulled up, we now how beautiful wood floors that Bill finished with an antique finish. We also now have an excellent heating source in the room---a wood stove that sits out in the middle of the room on a hearth pad.

Of course, it's not completely done. There is a wire that goes across one wall that we need to place in a cord-hider. We still need to replace the socket plates. And I have to come back at some point and paint the trim white---probably this Spring.

Note the black boards behind the wood stove. They are put there during the winter months to provide a heat barrier for the wood mantle. Also, it has been rather gloomy around here so the after pictures do not have quite the glow I was hoping for. If time allows and the sun decides to show its face before too long, I will try to update these pictures.





















No comments: